Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports To: Vice President of Accounting & Controller
Position Summary: The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (Meadows Institute) seeks a collaborative and strategic professional to serve as Accounts Payable Clerk. The Accounts Payable Clerk will support the work of the Vice President of Accounting & Controller. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for performing all functions related to accounts payable ensuring accurate account coding, timely vendor payments, and proper financial statement reporting as well as other accounting department needs. The required work location for this position is in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. This position may not be filled or performed in Colorado at this time. Statewide travel (up to 10%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable personal transportation.
- Enter bills received from vendors, ensuring correct General Ledger and department project coding;
- Assist with reviewing invoices and payment requests for approval, contact employees for proper back-up documentation for payments, clarify invoice items and prices, and obtain approvals as needed;
- Organize digital records of all vendor invoices;
- Assist the Grants and Contracts Accounting Manager with bi-weekly cash disbursements and distributing payments;
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate parties;
- Request and process W-9 forms for new vendors and set up new vendors in A/P system;
- Process End of Year 1099s;
- Complete credit applications and sales tax certificates;
- Review and transfer of online employee expense reports (Concur) to A/P system.
- Oversee the administration of the online expense management system (Concur), including grant ID’s, user accounts, and approval routing;
- Assist with maintaining of credit card accounts, monitor balances, and code/enter transactions into accounting system;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and one to two years directly related experience and/or training.
- Experience with a non-profit or governmental accounting environment.
- Microsoft Word and Excel, including knowledge of basic Excel formulas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Capacity to think strategically, critically, and respond analytically.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all records.
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
- The required work location for this position is in the Dallas-Fort Worth, TX area. This position may not be filled or performed in Colorado at this time. Relocation assistance not available. Successful candidates must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]Download Description
About Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a data-driven, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports the implementation of policies and programs that help Texans obtain effective, efficient mental health care when and where they need it. The Meadows Institute’s vision is for Texas to be the national leader in treating all people with mental health needs.
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and provides full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.