Content Writer and Social Media Manager
Job Title: Content Writer and Social Media Manager
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications and Public Engagement
Position Summary: The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (Meadows Institute) is seeking a self-motivated content writer and social media manager to support its team. This person must be a strong writer, a solutions-focused problem solver, and an experienced social media manager who can develop strategies to promote and support a range of mental health-related content for two brands: the Meadows Institute and Okay to Say™, its mental health public awareness campaign.
The ideal applicant is an effective communicator, passionate about social media and marketing communications, and has a proven track record of impactful, on-brand writing. They should be an organized team player who is willing to roll-up their sleeves to contribute ideas and help wherever needed.
Required work location for this position is in the state of Texas. Statewide travel (up to 10%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable personal transportation.
- Develop content and social media strategies and action plans to support the Meadows Institute mission and key priorities.
- Write clear and engaging content that is consistent with the Meadows Institute and Okay to Say brands and further key messaging and priorities in a variety of formats (e.g., weekly internal newsletter, blog posts, annual report, event materials, presentations, social media content, email blasts).
- Contribute to the development and creation of content that is on-brand and supports communication objectives.
- Write, review, and edit communications materials ensuring consistent tone, style, and readability.
- Work closely with external affairs team to strategize, plan, and execute significant moments via its social media channels and other communications vehicles.
- Provide quarterly reports, including insights and recommended actions.
- General support of Meadows Institute events and initiatives as a contributing member of the Communications team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication Studies, or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience including social media content development and strategy, communications, marketing, and writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategy- and action-oriented. Works well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and can juggle priorities.
- A great writer who can translate complex information into easy-to-understand language for multiple audiences.
- Able to write concise and persuasive copy appropriate for the platform and target audience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, ability to keep projects on track and on time.
- Experience in social media and online engagement tools, preferably Sprout Social.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Capacity to think strategically, critically, and respond analytically.
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
- Experience with Basecamp 3, Dropbox, and Google Suite.
To Apply: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter, and 3-4 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 10, 2021.
Writing samples should demonstrate your ability to write copy reflecting communications strategies, well-suited to the intended format. Must include content from at least two social posts, and can also include blogs, newsletters, website copy, email marketing, and other print or digital collateral.Download Description
About Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a data-driven, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports the implementation of policies and programs that help Texans obtain effective, efficient mental health care when and where they need it. The Meadows Institute’s vision is for Texas to be the national leader in treating all people with mental health needs.
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and provides full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.