Grants and Contracts Manager
Job Title: Grants and Contracts Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Position Summary: The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (Meadows Institute) seeks a collaborative and strategic professional to serve as Grants and Contracts Manager. The Grants and Contracts Manager will support the work of the broader Grants and Contracts Team by liaising with management and project team staff in the coordination of grants and contracts submissions across Institute teams. The Grants and Contracts Manager will be expected to work collaboratively with staff, contractors, partner agencies, and stakeholders. Required work location for this position is in the state of Texas. Statewide travel (up to 10%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable personal transportation.
- Assists in the oversight and monitoring of Institute grants and contracts across several executive teams.
- Supports Institute leadership and project staff in preparation and submission of high quality grant and contract applications to public, private, and corporate entities.
- Maintains communication with project teams and Accounting/Finance staff to ensure timely submission of required reports.
- Provides professional and timely correspondence to external agencies, funders, and partners related to grant/contract submission and reporting requirements.
- Maintains thorough understanding of Institute grants and contracts development and approval process, and supports leadership and project staff in following internal process guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication Studies, or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a grants and contracts management and reporting position.
- Professional-level experience in grants/contracts management and/or related funding position for a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work.
- Ability to develop, monitor, and evaluate contract and grant program compliance.
- General knowledge of budgetary and accounting practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed.
- Capacity to think strategically, critically, and respond analytically.
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
- More than five years of experience in a grants and contracts management and reporting position.
- Experience with nonprofit CRM grants/contracts software implementation, training, and/or management.
Required work location for this position is in Texas. Relocation assistance not available. Successful candidates must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to: [email protected]Download Description
About Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a data-driven, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports the implementation of policies and programs that help Texans obtain effective, efficient mental health care when and where they need it. The Institute’s vision is for Texas to be the national leader in treating all people with mental health needs.
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and provides full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.