Vice President of Strategic Innovation Partnerships
Job Title: Vice President of Strategic Innovation Partnerships
Reports To: Chief Innovation Officer
Position Summary: The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute (Meadows Institute) seeks a collaborative and strategic professional to serve as Vice President of Strategic Partnerships for Innovation (Vice President). At the Meadows Institute, we envision for Texas to be a national leader in treating all people with mental health needs, and our innovation portfolio is a rapidly growing team that aims to create an ecosystem of innovation in behavioral health across Texas that can be scaled nationally. Two key goals for the innovation team are to 1) establish innovative funding partnerships to expand the impact of behavioral health innovations, and 2) accelerate the adoption of evidence-based strategies to improve behavioral health outcomes. The Vice President will lead efforts to identify ways to accelerate and amplify innovation partnerships, and will support the work of Chief Innovation Officer and Innovation Team. The Vice President will work collaboratively with staff, contractors, partner agencies, and stakeholders to further the Institute’s vision of facilitating an ecosystem of innovation for behavioral health. The work location for this position is remote. This position is being recruited nationally except for California, Colorado, Montana, Rhode Island, and Washington at this time. Applicants and encouraged to be located near main transport hubs. National travel (up to 30%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable personal transportation.
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders and other leaders in the mental health technology, innovation, entrepreneurial and investing ecosystem.
- Lead and play a key role in developing new, impactful innovation programs that support the Institute’s strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with academia, industry professionals, non-profits, as well as and state and federal governmental offices.
- Support efforts to grow collaboration between area universities and the business community.
- Support efforts to attract federal grants and other funding opportunities.
- Identify strategic innovation partnership opportunities to accelerate adoption of evidence based behavioral health solutions across the ecosystem being built.
- Serve as an expert on innovative behavioral health solutions and collaborate with industry, academic, government, non-profit, and business leaders to help shape strategic direction.
- Build criteria for and make decisions about partnerships and revenue generating opportunities.
- Create and execute growth strategies for existing and future portfolio of work by increasing partnerships and funding streams.
- Organize and align strategic priorities for the Chief Innovation Officer and the Innovation Team.
- Oversee current team projects, while developing longer-term project strategies.
- Create and maintain cross-team / -Institute relationships.
- Provide direct consultation and coordination of training, support, and resources and advise on innovation opportunities in the context of MMHPI’s priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in mental health, public health, business, public policy, or related field.
- 10 to 15 years of directly related, professional experience in related role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of knowledge in strategy partnerships.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results, with a strong track record of achieving challenging objectives.
- Understands the strategic business needs of the organization and the impact of technology; leverages external marketplace research and business insights to drive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Capacity to think strategically, critically, and respond analytically.
- Demonstrated experience at tackling large scale problems with creativity.
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
- 10-15 years of professional-level experience in related role.
- Experience in strategic consulting and advising.
- Experience structuring complex public-private partnership agreements.
- This position may not be filled or performed in California, Colorado, Montana, Rhode Island, or Washington at this time. Relocation assistance not available. Successful candidates must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to: [email protected].Download Description
About Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a data-driven, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports the implementation of policies and programs that help Texans obtain effective, efficient mental health care when and where they need it. The Meadows Institute’s vision is for Texas to be the national leader in treating all people with mental health needs.
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and provides full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.