Chief of Staff, The Hackett Center for Mental Health
Job Title: Chief of Staff, The Hackett Center for Mental Health
Reports To: Executive Director, The Hackett Center for Mental Health
Position Summary: The Chief of Staff will support the work of the Executive Director of The Hackett Center for Mental Health and Hackett Center teams. The Chief of Staff will be expected to work collaboratively with staff, contractors, partner agencies, and stakeholders to support the work of The Hackett Center. The work location for this position is in Texas with a preference for Houston, TX. Statewide travel (up to 15%) may be required. Some duties may require access to reliable transportation.
- Assist the Executive Director of The Hackett Center to develop an infrastructure that supports efficient work practices and workflows;
- Evaluate current systems and processes for greater effectiveness and efficiency as needed and implement changes as required;
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives;
- Assess inquires for the Executive Director to determine proper course of action;
- Ensure all staff / team issues are addressed properly, efficiently, and keep track of progress until resolved;
- Oversee all initial logistics planning and onsite/virtual aspects for team meetings;
- Track and ensure follow through on team projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field;
- Ten to fifteen years of supervision experience;
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues. This includes overcoming geographic and other potential barriers to communicating with and making contributions to the team’s work;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches;
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with constituents such as individual major donors, private foundations, and corporations;
- Experience developing and implementing strategic initiatives;
- Proven skills in planning, implementing, and following-through with the ability to develop and implement plans to further The Hackett Center’s vision and mission;
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of critical projects in which the Executive Director and staff are involved with, and collaborate internally and externally to accomplish tasks and requirements;
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Executive Director as directed;
- Liaise as needed between Hackett Center staff and Executive Director regarding organizational climate and employee well-being;
- Capacity to take initiative and think strategically, critically, and respond analytically;
- Flexibility in working with new issues, topics, and approaches.
- Operations management experience.
Required work location for this position is in Texas with a preference for Houston, TX. Relocation assistance not available. Successful candidates must show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to: email@example.comDownload Description
About Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a data-driven, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that supports the implementation of policies and programs that help Texans obtain effective, efficient mental health care when and where they need it. The Meadows Institute’s vision is for Texas to be the national leader in treating all people with mental health needs.
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and provides full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, age, citizen status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.