Apply between February 23 & March 9 for this premiere learning experience & advance school mental health in your system
COVID-19 has exacerbated the nation’s growing mental health crisis, overwhelming school districts as they work to meet the needs of students and educators throughout the ongoing pandemic.
1 in 5
children in the U.S. show symptoms of mental health disorders each year*
leading cause of death for children ages 10-24 is suicide*
* Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Effective school mental health programs are critical to improving student outcomes, well-being and academic achievement.
Join the Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute for a 10-month, premiere learning experience that equips districts to effectively execute school mental health programming.
Submit your application today
The application period for the 2022 North Texas Executive Learning Community has closed. Thank you to all of the districts who expressed interest. Due to the volume of responses received we were able to broaden the initial scope of this project to meet the needs of more students and educators.
Stay tuned for updates about this effort by signing up for the Meadows Institute’s newsletter below or following us on social media.
Who Should Apply
This opportunity is targeted towards district and organization leaders and student support executives responsible for the development and implementation of school mental health programs. This professional learning community is philanthropically funded and only available to school systems within Dallas and Rockwall Counties. Each school system accepted into the Executive Learning Community will have the option to send up to 5 district leaders to participate.
When & Where
Executive Learning Community members will attend ten monthly 90-minute learning sessions delivered in-person in Dallas from April 2022 – January 2023 (subject to change due to COVID-19 trends). The Meadows Institute will work closely with Learning Community participants to develop a calendar that works with the majority of participants’ schedules.
Who We Are
The Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute is a nonprofit organization that works closely with districts across Texas building sustainable mental and behavioral health systems that serve all students and educators. Learn more about us here.
Our team of school mental health experts includes former school district and education service center leaders, mental and behavioral health systems leadership, licensed clinical professionals, evaluation experts, policy analysts, and more.
Executive Learning Community member benefits include:
- Access to an exclusive peer-learning space to collaborate, innovate, and implement with other district leaders facing similar challenges
- Professional executive networking opportunities with other district leaders and high impact community partners
- A curated professional learning curriculum developed by school mental health experts at the Meadows Institute and its network of partner organizations.
- In addition to the Learning Community session, an additional 25 hours of targeted, one-on-one technical assistance and consultation provided by Meadows Institute staff to all member participants
- Support developing a customized program implementation plan leveraging the best and latest school mental health research
Curriculum topics include:
- Human-Centered Design Thinking and Planning
- Foundations of School Mental Health and Evidence Based Practices
- Long-Term Systems Building, such as Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Universal Mental Health Supports for Staff and Students
- How to Promote Adult Well-Being for Educators
- School Culture Enhancements through easy-to-implement School Mental Health Practices
- Approaches to More Intensive Mental Health Supports
- Principles of Universal Screening
- School Mental Health Funding and Sustainability
- How to Leverage a Network of Highly Effective Community Partners
- School Mental Health Data Collection and Analysis
- Substance Use Prevention and Intervention