Addressing Childhood Trauma & Grief to Promote Child & Family Resilience
In the wake of COVID-19, Dr. Kaplow discusses what trauma and grief reactions look like in children and youth and how they impact learning and behavior. She also addresses the disproportionate impact COVID-19 has had on the youth of color in under-resourced communities and what this means for educators and providers who are focused on addressing the unmet needs of this population. During this session, Dr. Kaplow will provide guidance to educators, youth-serving organizations, and caregivers about trauma- and grief-informed best practices.
- Date & Time: August 18, 2021, 12:00pm-12:55pm CST
- Speaker: Julie Kaplow, PhD, ABPP
- Audiences: educators, health care providers, mental health professionals, anyone who works with traumatized and/or grieving children
- Hosted by: Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
- Series: Recorded by MMHPI for 2021 Speaker Series: Implementing Evidence-Based Practices for Children, Youth, and Families